This is a great opportunity to be part of a high energy growing team. The Drafting Technologist will be responsible for developing and preparing engineering drawings, plans, diagrams or layouts from sketches, initial ideas, previous designs and other data. In addition; will interpret and clarify field notes, design criteria and engineering specifications while consulting with field and engineering staff on technical matters. You will join our company with highly developed communication skills in English both written or verbal situations. Your superior organizational skills will serve you well as you manage and prioritize your daily tasks and activities efficiently. Lastly, you will be an excellent fit for the role if you can demonstrate initiative and have a proactive nature.
Job Scope and Tasks:
- Develop and prepare designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets and other data.
- Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) drafting workstations.
- Experience with Inventor or other 3D modeling software.
- Ensure CAD files are properly stored and maintained.
- Design products for ease of fabrication and installation at site.
- Create Bills of Material (BOM).
- Complete report packages and prepare drawings for fabrication.
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data.
- Completion of a 2-year diploma in Civil or Drafting Technology at a recognized Institute of Technology.
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated experience in AutoCAD software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
- Solid understanding of the importance of deadlines and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to visualize three-dimensional object from two-dimensional drawings.
- Experience with mechanical or industrial design would be a definite asset.
- Knowledge of the qualities of metals, plastics, wood and other materials of fabrication and construction methods and standards.
- Solid knowledge of drafting terminology, practices and techniques.
- Excellent time management and multitasking abilities to function in a collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Solid communication skills both written and oral.
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a collective team.
- Meticulous, precise and accuracy proficient - successful candidate must be able to demonstrate these qualities coupled with exceptional organizational skills.
- Autonomous responsibility.
- Possess high degree of diligence, punctuality and professionalism.
All Applications are required to include your salary expectations.