The Project Engineer / Estimator will be responsible for reviewing potential industrial cooling tower projects including project scope, specifications, analysis of technical information, inspections, report writing in order to establish project design criteria, cost estimates and material quantity takeoffs. The position will assist the sales team, project management and construction operations during the estimating and execution of projects providing technical expertise from project initiation to completion.
Some travel is required and must hold a valid passport with ability to travel to the U.S.A.
- Review and analyze technical specifications to develop industrial cooling tower solutions and estimates for proposals or tenders as required from RFP's, RFQ's or customer visits.
- Develop design recommendations, value added proposals and create cost estimates for aftermarket solutions and potential repairs.
- Assist in sales and business development team in delivering cooling tower design proposals to customers.
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software (AutoCAD), and other software to develop industrial cooling tower solution, inspections and reports.
- Use estimating software to prepare proposals for aftermarket cooling solutions.
- Present information (technical, commercial, proposals) to potential clients and/or contribute to customer sales visits as required.
- Provide and present technical information including material estimates to procurement group and project management team.
- Identify risks and resolve conflicts within design, purchasing and construction.
- Actively participate all project phases as necessary, providing technical expertise to project management and construction team.
- Contribute to industrial cooling tower knowledge base and research.
- Completion of a B.S., B.Sc. in Civil or Mechanical Engineering - Master's Degree highly desirable.
- Experience with AutoCAD or other technical software would be an asset.
- Experience in cost estimating industrial engineering projects would be an asset.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.