This job posting is no longer active.
International Cooling Tower, Inc. (ICT) designs, manufactures and constructs a complete line of industrial cooling towers for the petrochemical industry, power plants, and petroleum refineries. Our operations complete cooling tower projects, aftermarket maintenance activities and a full range of field services.
The Project Manager (PM) reports to the Project Director and will be responsible for all aspects of project management, evaluating estimates, reviewing contracts, establishing material delivery and construction schedules on projects in the Houston/Gulf Coast area and other regions in the US. As a PM at ICT, you will have the opportunity to manage multiple exciting projects working alongside other construction professionals who are passionate about the work they do. Leadership and accountability are key to achieving a corporate objective with the viability and success from a business standpoint.
To achieve this, you will work with engineering, purchasing and construction personnel to ensure project construction is executed in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining integrity of design and will work closely with the ICT management to ensure project delivery and accurate costing of onsite activities. Overall, the position will assist the sales team, project management and construction operations during the execution of projects providing technical expertise from project initiation to completion.
Summary of Job Scope and Tasks including and not limited to:
- Manage projects ranging in value from $10,000 to $2,000,000
- Provide pre-construction assistance in the tendering of contract bid proposals, preparation of cost estimates and ensuring contractual obligations of projects are understood and me by all parties.
- Establish a Project Management Plan for each approved project, defining the projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
- Manage Drawing/Design Development, Material Procurement / Delivery and Construction process through to invoicing in order to ensure successful completion of project on time and budget.
- Ensure all contractual issues are resolved and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Manage internal and/or external contractors or trades onsite as required.
- Coordinate requirements for equipment rentals and company equipment/tools.
- Coordinate Site Superintendents and project workforce needs with Construction Director.
- Plan all project timelines, milestones and deliverables using the Primavera P6 and/or PM methods.
- Track all project costs weekly and/or monthly to ensure completion within budget; evaluate any budget modifications necessary.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within design, purchasing and construction.
- Interface with client representatives, architect representative, subcontractors, security, etc. as required.
- Manage trade contractor site meetings, RFI's, invoices, and control document process.
- Observe that Work Safe Practices are being followed during site visits.
- Verify accuracy of change orders and ensures change orders processed to completion.
- Perform additional assignments per Project Director's direction.
- Some travel is required.
Key Areas of Established Qualifications:
- A minimum of 4 and no more than 7 years of direct hands-on experience leading successful heavy industrial construction projects.
- Hold a PMP designation.
- Developing successful relationships with clients, consultants, sub-contractors and other project stakeholders.
- Effectively managing the project using your skills and strong knowledge of process and procedures certifying each project is delivered with quality and consistency.
- Utilize your strong mentorship and sharing your knowledge with junior PM's, guiding them to successfully progress in their roles.
- Experience with Primavera P6 software an asset.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
- A solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques related to cooling towers.
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of eCMS, Viewpoint, SAP, and/or JD Edwards would be considered an asset.
- You are a problem-solver, multi-tasker and a self-motivator holding a high degree of integrity.
- Possess a high level of energy, flexibility and focus.
- You thrive in a fast-paced industrial environment whether you're working independently or in collaboration with the team.
- Ability to create proposals, change orders or other paperwork as required.
- Aptitude to succeed in a technical and troubleshooting driven business.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Competitive base salary and performance-based bonus structure for the right individual.
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits and 401K.
- Please submit your resume and cover letter along with your project list including project values to: Lenka Handl – Manager, Human Resources, Lhandl@ictower.com