This job posting is no longer active.
Duration: 12 Months / Competitive Hourly Compensation for the right individual
MUST be available to work a minimum of 48 hours per week.
The On-Site Safety Specialists’ overall responsibility for HSSE field support and management plan coordination within the ICT project area is to provide HSSE support to the ICT Construction Manager and Field Superintendent.
Job Scope and Tasks including but not limited to:
- Coordinate area-specific HSSE Management Plan, making adjustments as necessary in response to area specific requirements.
- Identify actions required to implement HSSE training, environment, security, emergency response and occupational health services plans within construction area.
- Advise the management team on HSSE issues.
- Administer area HSSE recordkeeping system.
- Participate in JHAs and attend crew STARRT meetings, etc.
- Initiate corrective action through line supervisor or Project HSSE Management Plan refinement.
- Prepare and issue monthly HSSE performance reports.
- Interface with area construction management, line supervision and subcontractors on HSSE issues.
- Establish a system to ensure actions identified during planned inspections, incident investigations and HSSE communications are tracked to completion.
- Participate in subcontractor compliance monitoring process.
- Maintain positive relationships with area management, subcontractors and employees.
- Serve as a resource person with respect to HSSE legislation interpretation.
- Conduct area compliance inspections, provide feedback to area supervision.
- Interface with other project HSSE personnel regarding HSSE issues.
- Monitor daily work practices utilized by ICT and subcontractors.
- Stop work in imminent danger situation or conditions having adverse environmental impact.
- Assist in incident investigations, regulatory compliance audits, project health surveys, and insurance audits.
- Be knowledgeable on the planning, implementation and control of applicable HSSE procedures, rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the type of WORK being done at the WORKSITE and the associated hazards involved.
- Have worked in a similar role on previous similar projects and have experience with and competency in the preparation and implementation of a HSSE MS.
- Be responsible for only HSSE matters (i.e. shall not be responsible for quality assurance and control, or other execution related activities).
- Have the authority and the responsibility to ensure that the HSSE requirements are achieved at the ICT project site.
- Supervise WORKSITE Leads including regularly inspecting the project site.
- Knowledge of safety management, monitoring programs, principles, and methodologies.
- Strong acquaintance of construction, and subcontract work processes.
- Coach and provide HSSE guidance to ICT and Sub Contractor Personal.
- Champion the WORKSITE Safety / behavior culture.
- Demonstrate leadership commitment to HSSE.
- Perform walkthroughs of the WORKSITE where the physical WORK is being performed.
Education and Certification Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Safety and Health or related science/engineering from an accredited college or university with 6 years of directly related experience in safety and health
- OR, in lieu of degree, must have a minimum of 5 years of directly related experience in safety and health coupled with:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in conducting accident investigations, audits and the development or maintenance of safety and health plans and programs, and in conducting S&H health-related training.
- Possesses professional S & H certification from an accredited organization (i.e. CIH, SCP, OHST, etc.)
- Work includes field inspections and the physical ability to conduct field inspections which require the following activities:
- Extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces and working in small or confined spaces. Some lifting may be required. Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project.