The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project management, evaluating estimates, reviewing contracts, establishing material delivery and construction schedules on projects primarily for the Gulf Coast operations. The PM will work with engineering, purchasing and construction personnel to ensure project construction is executed in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining integrity of design and will work closely with the ICT management to ensure project delivery and accurate costing of onsite activities. The job scope will include reviewing potential industrial cooling tower projects including project scope, specifications and technical information in order to establish project design criteria, cost estimates and material quantity takeoffs. The position will assist the sales team, project management and construction operations during the execution of projects providing technical expertise from project initiation to completion.
Job Scope and Tasks including and not limited to:
- Manage projects ranging in value from $10,000 to $2,000,000.
- Manage Drawing/Design Development, Material Procurement / Delivery and Construction process through to invoicing in order to ensure successful completion of project on time and budget.
- Establish a Project Scope for each approved project, defining the projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
- Ensure all contractual issues are resolved and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Manage internal and/or external contractors or trades onsite as required.
- Coordinate Site Superintendents and project workforce needs with Construction Director.
- Plan all project timelines, milestones and deliverables using the PMI methods.
- Track all project costs weekly and/or monthly to ensure completion within budget; evaluate any budget modifications necessary utilizing EVM methodologies.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within design, purchasing and construction.
- Interface with client representatives, architect representative, subcontractors, security, etc. as required.
- Manage trade contractor site meetings, RFI's, invoices and control document process.
- Observe that Work Safe Practices are being followed during site visits.
- Verify the accuracy of change orders and ensures change orders are signed by client.
- Perform additional assignments per Project Director's direction.
- Must be available to start immediately.
- Completion of a B.S., B.Sc. in Civil or Mechanical Engineering and PMP Certification considered an asset.
- 1 year of direct work experience in industrial construction project management preferred.
- Experience with Primavera P6 software required.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
- A solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques.
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
- Effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity.
- Some travel is required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to form effective relationships with customers.
- Ability to create proposals, change orders or other paperwork as required.
- Aptitude to succeed in a technical and troubleshooting driven business.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of energy, flexibility and focus.
- Please submit your resume and cover letter along with your project list including project values in confidence to: Lenka Handl- Manager, Human Resources, Lhandl@ictower.com