This job posting is no longer active.
We are seeking an ambitious, talented, organized candidate to join our growing company's estimating team for Industrial Cooling Tower projects including: material supply, maintenance and construction services. This is an entry level to intermediate position with 2 to 3 years of experience in estimating; preferably in an industrial construction environment.
Include and Not Limited To:
- Review project RFPs and specifications to develop and estimate material and construction costs of projects.
- Lead and participate in technical reviews with sales and engineering teams.
- Analyze information to perform quantity cooling tower designs, takeoffs and construction cost estimation.
- Prepare detailed estimates and/or budgets as required.
- Prepare bid packages for subcontracts and review subcontract bids.
- Prepare and submit both proposals and tender bid documents to clients.
- Development of project schedules and communication of schedule and manpower requirements to the Construction and Project Management Teams.
- Review terms and conditions, contracts, work scopes, work plans, etc.
- Maintain and communicate data on construction costs including: materials, labor and equipment.
- Analyze cost trends and assist in estimating system reviews.
- Review constructability and safety issues with construction and safety teams.
- Participate in the transfer of information on successful projects.
- Assist in the preparation and review of work plans as requested.
- Attend project bid walk through and customer site visit with sales team as required.
- Actively participate in industry, client and community relations to further the company's footprint within the selected region.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A degree in Construction Estimating, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or similar field is required
- 2-3 years of estimating experience (industrial construction experience preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, HCSS (or other estimating software), Acrobat
- Knowledge of industrial drawings & technical specifications, labor costing & productivities, trade scopes definitions, local market conditions, and varied contractual terms & conditions
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with estimating and scheduling software