The Site Construction Manager is assigned to an industrial cooling tower, erection, re-construction or maintenance project and is responsible for supervising and directing activities of construction crafts personnel on-site.
The incumbent of this position MUST reside in the TEXAS GOLDEN TRIANGLE inclusive of Lake Charles, LA. The Texas Golden Triangle consists of Beaumont, Port Arthur, Orange and Lake Charles, LA metropolitan area, forming the triangle.
Project Locations are in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and other regions.
- Directs on-site project activities, through supervision of foremen and construction crafts.
- Analyzes manpower, material, equipment requirements, and interfaces the requirements to construction management.
- Implements and enforces policies, procedures and related work rules as established by field construction management.
- Coordinates activities with other disciplines and client’s site representatives, as necesary and instructed by construction management.
- Ensures ICT/local/national safety codes are being met on-site and safe work practices and procedures are implemented and adhered to by crafts personnel and others when in the operational area, tools and equipment are in safe condition and operated safely.
- Creates and approves construction craft time records using established automated tools.
- Prepares change orders, reports, and forecasts, as required, keeping project managers informed on progress of on-site activities.
- Assists construction management in the preparation of construction methods, schedules, staffing, and material and equipment requirements.
- Performs employee reviews and identifies training and development opportunities for subordinates.
- MUST have a Minimum 10 years experience in industrial cooling tower erection, re-construction, new-build and maintenance as a Construction Manager which is inclusive of a solid high level leadership capacity with proven ability to successfully lead a team of professionals and trades people in the full execution of projects.
- Proficient in all aspects of Crossflow and Counterflow tower erection.
- Demonstrated experience in instructing the installation of safe work platforms with ability to instruct the proper safe work procedures and fall protection training.
- Must be able to operationally complete projects safely, on budget and on time with ability to recognize, breakdown and make timely, critical and cost effective decisions.
- Strong orientation towards customer service and managing resident relations in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and stakeholders.
- A working knowledge of OHSA, WC provisions, and Labour Relations Codes.
- Solid knowledge of ISO 9001-2015 Site Supervisor and Quality Procedures.
- Courses in construction technology and management and/or work experience in craft, non-technical or technical positions.
- Must be willing and able to travel to various jobsites as required.
- The Site Construction Manager is expected to be on-site throughout the project shifts. During all other hours, Manager is to be on-call" and respond to emergencies during evening and weekend hours. Manager must be reachable at all times via mobile telephone, readily available to work at all times and respond to emergency calls after hours as required.
- Must meet drug and alcohol policy requirements.
Must meet background screening requirements.
- Associates Certification in Construction related field
- Effective use of technology: mobile devices, email, computer programs, digital camera and experience in HCC Heavy Job a valuable asset
- Physically fit with ability to lift up to 100lbs and maneuver throughout the job site including stairs and highly elevated structures
- Consistency, credibility and trustworthiness
- Flexible and open to change while taking independent action and demonstrate original thinking