This job posting is no longer active.
16 MONTH CONTRACT MATERNITY LEAVE POSITION SUMMARY
The Project Accountant will be responsible for internal and external reporting, capturing labor, material, equipment, subcontractor costs, as well as preparation of weekly and month-end invoicing/billing as well as reporting. As a key support for project management team, you will be relied on to provide accurate timely information for both lump sum and time and material projects.
- Set up new projects, cost codes, and budgets
- Prepare weekly and monthly project costing reports
- Prepare weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly invoices
- Create daily labor, material, subcontract, and equipment reports
- Review and submit site payroll information weekly
- Enter, track and review forecasts with budgets against actual costs and revenue recognition
- Support Project Managers with completing variance analysis’ on costing reports and communicating results to various internal stakeholders
- Participate in month/year end activities
- Be a leader on special projects
- Various other duties as requested by the Controller or Project Management
- Diploma or degree in accounting
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ relative experience
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Must be an advanced user of MS Excel and comfortable learning new software packages
- Previous experience with eCMS is an asset
- Experience in the industrial construction industry is an asset
- Must possess proven communication and interpersonal skills
Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.
Job Type: Contract