This job posting is no longer active.
The Project Manager (PM) reports to the Project Director and will be responsible for all aspects of project management, evaluating estimate, reviewing contracts, establishing material delivery and construction schedules on projects in the Houston/Gulf Coast area and other regions in the US. The PM will work with engineering, purchasing and construction personnel to ensure project construction is executed in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining integrity of design, and will work closely with the ICT management to ensure project delivery and accurate costing of onsite activities. This role will be responsible for projects in Houston/Gulf Coast area and other regions in the U.S.
Job Scope and Tasks:
- Manage Drawing/Design Development, Material Procurement / Delivery and Construction process through to invoicing in order to ensure successful completion of project on time and budget.
- Establish a Project Management Plan for each approved project, defining the projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
- Ensure all contractual issues are resolved and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Manage internal and/or external contractors or trades onsite as required
- Coordinate Site Superintendents and project workforce needs with Construction Director.
- Plan all project timelines, milestones, and deliverables using Primavera P6 and/or PM methods.
- Track all project costs weekly and/or monthly to ensure completion within budget; evaluate any budget modifications necessary.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within design, purchasing, and construction.
- Interface with client representatives, architect representative, subcontractors, security, etc. as required.
- Manage trade contractor site meetings, RFI's, invoices, and control document process.
- Observe that Work Safe Practices are being followed during site visits.
- Verify the accuracy of change orders and ensures change orders processed to completion.
- Perform additional assignments per Project Directors direction.
- Some travel is required.
- Preferred B.S., B.Sc. in Engineering or other discipline/technical certification.
- 1 year of direct work experience preferably in industrial construction project management.
- PMP designation would be an asset.
- Experience with Primavera P6 software required.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
- A solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques related to cooling towers.
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
- Effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity.
- Knowledge of eCMS, Viewpoint, SAP, and/or JD Edwards would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to form effective relationships with customers
- Ability to price, negotiate, and close sales opportunities
- Aptitude to succeed in a technical and troubleshooting driven business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of energy, flexibility, and focus